Friday, April 9, 2010

This past week

Bay Heritage Quilters Guild

Lorenzo Acosta, Bay City Central senior, track team member, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3

Toldo Masonry employees lay bricks at what will be the Army Reserve Training Center in Buena Vista Township.


So at the beginning of April I decided I needed an arbitrary challenge in my life and decided to wear a skirt or dress every day for the whole month.
On Thursday, I had to go shoot at a construction site, which normally would have been mostly fine to wear a dress to except that it was insanely windy that day and it was coming to the end of my assignment and I hadn't yet gotten what I considered a good-enough photo. The supervisor showing me around and I go to find some masons doing work so that I can get some photos with people in them. The only problem is that these guys are 15 feet up on scaffolding laying bricks and the only way up is a pretty unstable ladder. This is where a dress becomes a bad idea. I manned up, got my photos and finished up but not before climbing a 15-foot ladder in a dress in gale-force winds and having some construction worker sing AC/DC's 'You shook me all night long' to me. Lesson Learned.

No comments: