Wednesday, August 24, 2011

National Track and Field Junior Olympics

t&F

A few weeks ago I spent my mornings all week long and days off shooting at the National Track and Field Junior Olympics at Cessna Stadium in Wichita. 7,000 junior olympians came from all over the country to compete in traditional track and field events during one of the hottest and most brutal weeks of the year. A lot of these kids were from milder climates and the heat and sun definitely took a toll. They even started spraying the kids down with a garden hose at the 3/4 point on the track. There were a lot of incredibly impressive athletes there, I can't say I've ever seen an 8 year-old pound out a sub-six minute mile before. All in all, it was a brutal brutal week that cemented my tan in place and I hope I never have to shoot 40 hours in constant sunny 110 degree weather again.

No comments: